Bag Week! Yay! I love bags. I have made heaps over the years and yet never seem to quite have the right one on hand when I want it. So I’m always happy to make some more.
This week I’ve been pretty busy with the CrochetAlong though so rather than making a new bag I just decorated one. This really could be a “20 Minute Crafter” post because it was that quick.
If you’ve been over to BBeingCool lately to enter her giveaway, you might recognise this bag. She had cool jars of Paul Newman aioli but as a crafter the bag was the best bit of her parcel. She happily handed it over – so lucky to have friends who understands the crafting blogging bug! Oh, and don’t forget to enter her giveaway – entries close 4pm 30th August 2013.
Anyway this felt flower may be the easiest embellishment you ever make.
What You Need
- Felt in various colours – mine came from Plushka’s Makery
- One button
- Needle and thread
What To Do
- Cut your felt into wavy flower-like shapes. You could be more precise if you want to but mine were really blobs!
- I used 4 shapes that were gradually smaller, but you could use shapes the same size, or use more or less shapes.
- Stack them on top of each other.
- Stitch the button in the middle.
- Stitch the whole flower onto your bag.
Done! This bag is the perfect size for Little Miss’ dance shoes and drink bottle so I think she’ll get to use it.